Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Voice overs

     Hey guys! Yesterday I got Bailey to do the voice overs that wanted for my trailer. It was a bit more difficult than I thought it would be because neither one of us wanted it to sound staged. What I ended up doing was showing her the script and telling her what I was planning on showing while she'd be saying that. With that she put some of the voice overs in her own words so it would sound a bit more, personal and a lot less read/scripted. Along with that, we came up with some other ideas of shots that I could include withing my trailer and we filmed them right then and there! 
     The reason why I chose to incorporate voice overs within my trailers is mainly due to the fact that it works to introduce the characters and a bit about what the film is going to be about. For my first trailer, i'm thinking of incorporating it in the beginning to introduce the characters and a but about whats going on. For the second trailer there's going to be a bit less, but its also going to help introduce some background info on the plot/characters. I got some of my inspiration from The Perks of being a Wallflower trailer, which starts out with a voice over of the main character who is explaining what he's been doing, who he is, and then is dispersed throughout the trailer for important and engaging phrases. Another film trailer that also uses voices to move the plot is, Me and Earl and The Dying Girl. The trailer starts out by showing the main character in various shots paired with a voice over, then its followed by some important shots and then a voice over is used again. Both trailers' voice overs are the voices of the main characters, which I liked a lot and is why I chose to do that with my trailers as well. They both also go back and forth between voice over and dialogue and they are both accompanied by suitable music that helps progress the plot and establish the mood.


Last but not least, I am going to be filming tomorrow and Friday as well in order to get some of the other shots that I am still missing. I'll let you all know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment