Saturday, March 11, 2017

Flourishing ideas

     Yesterday, during my Aice Media class we all had the opportunity to meet up in groups and discuss what we were doing for our projects and see if anybody had any suggestions towards making it better/ more interesting. It was great because it allowed me to see what others where working on, the pace that they're working on, and swept new ideas around the table.
     After going through and talking about everyone's projects, I presented mine. Although I knew my plot, I was still not sure about many of the film's details so they gave me suggestions about other routes that I could take and I was even recommended a video for inspiration. Some of the ideas that I was given was maybe having the main character be anonymous/ have a stage name when publishing her music. Since her passion is for her music to move and inspire people, without all of the attention. They said that maybe she could publish her music to something like sound cloud or a podcast. They told me that if I wanted to go a more negative route (negative representation of the main character), that maybe the songs could be about her friends, which would be the reason why she doesn't want to be exposed. Once the friends find out they could set up a way to expose her/ get back at her. I think that I could still go the positive and more dramatic route, by establishing that she doesn't want to be exposed because some of the songs are about personal experiences and isn't comfortable with everyone knowing that its her. All of these ideas have me thinking so much, about the different things that I can do with the plot, which is why I am going to continue to research and watch videos and try to settle my plot by the end of this weekend.
     Later that day, I also sat down to watch the video that was recommended to me called, Melody. This video is about a woman and a girl who both learn to express themselves and their feelings through their violins despite their poverty. The older woman, Melody, devotes her life to conducting a youth orchestra in Chile, and the young girl ends up being apart of Melody's life and an important part of the orchestra. This Op-Doc was beautiful because not only did it show how beautiful music can be, but also how much of an impact in can make in the musicians lives and in the lives of those around them. I really liked this video because it assured my want to show how powerful music can be. I'm going to take the rest of the night to think about how I want my film to be and how successfully I can get that message across.



Link to the Op-Doc: https://www.nytimes.com/video/opinion/100000003487331/melody.html?playlistId=100000001150263&region=video-grid&version=video-grid-thumbnail&contentCollection=&contentPlacement=71&module=recent-videos&action=click&pgType=Multimedia&eventName=video-grid-click 

No comments:

Post a Comment