Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Posters

     I hope that everyone's week is going great so far! Today I've been working on the website and I feel like there are so many things that I can include and so many different ways that I can design it. I really want it to be simple, yet visually engaging. Along with the website, I've also been listening to many songs to help me choose a few for the trailers, and I've been thinking about how I want to make my poster.

      Before brainstorming ideas for the poster, I decided to do a bit of research for inspiration. Since I've been using a few specific films as case studies, I decided to use their film posters for conventions and inspiration as well.


The Kings of the Summer has multiple posters to promote the film, but these two stood out the most to me. Both of the posters have an image of a memorable scene from a movie, and it clearly gives out that these three teenagers are simply living free and having fun. They both make it abundantly obvious what film it is without making the title the main focus, and they both include the release date, reviews and awards. I think that including the reviews and awards work really well to give the film credibility and engage the viewer. I really love how the poster on the left incorporates a memorable/ meaningful phrase with the image of the boys jumping into the lake. It all works to make the poster visually pleasing. Since my film is a revolves a bit around having fun as well, I think that a memorable and visually engaging film from the film (or in this case the trailers) could be an interesting way to promote the film.

      Whiplash & The Perks of Being a Wallflower both had completely opposite posters. The colors and the highlighted words within the Whiplash poster gives it a darker, and more powerful tone, while establishing that the movie is going to revolve around drummer. It's so simple and yet they used a similar technique to the one of the posters above, by intertwining the image with various words to create a specific tone. The poster for The Perks of being a Wallflower is much more lighthearted, and simple than both Whiplash and The Kings of the Summer. Although the poster for Whiplash is very powerful, I don't think that that style would go well with my film, so I'm leaning towards doing something like The perks or the Kings posters. Some of the most important things that I have to remember when making my film's poster are: the title, the release date and creativity.




No comments:

Post a Comment