Friday, March 3, 2017

Brainstorming

     Hey! I've been brainstorming these past few days and I have loads of ideas. I'm thinking of making a film that one way or another revolves around/ includes music. It can be an instrument, music itself, or an artist. When I met with my teacher, we talked about my idea and the fact that I need to really settle upon a plot and choose a target audience. Right after my Aice Media class, I met up with another one of my bestfriends and she made me realize that we also have a friend that plays the cello and violin. Which are both such beautiful and intriguing instruments. Initially, I was thinking of using my friend Bailey, because she can sing, and plays the guitar really well. Now that I have more ideas i'm not all that sure because I have so many different ideas. I need to decide exactly what I want to make my story about while keeping all of those possibilities in mind. I'm going to take this weekend to figure out what I want my film to be about so that I have something to base my trailers off of. I'll let you all know, as soon as I do!

Here are some of the things that I have on my brainstorming list:

Story has to do with music
Instruments and musicians:
  • Guitar: Bailey, JP, Justin
  • Violin: Jesus, Eugenia
  • Cello: Eugenia
  • Flute: Dani
Make it interesting without recreating/ making a guitar Whiplash


  • Girl that doesn't have many friends and in order to understand life and her role in it is by playing the guitar. She doesn't really fit in, but when she plays her guitar all of her worries seem to float away.
  • Going through a tough time at home/ with friends/ growing up and expresses her emotions through her music.. singing and playing instrument (coming of age)
  • Was influenced to play guitar by a cute boy, she wanted him to like her so she learned to play guitar. He ends up being the complete opposite of what she thought and realizes that playing a guitar is what she was meant to do/ she's actually amazing at playing some other instrument.
  • The struggles of an aspiring artist, improving playing skills, growing, learning, socializing
  • The power of music
  • Finding herself.. finds music... sucks at first but then improves and learns that its a completely different lifestyle.
  • Target audience:


Drama films p/t music: Grace unplugged, Walk the line, Whiplash, August Rush (older audience), Sing Street, If I stay, Song to sing, Nick and Nora’s Infinite playlist, rudderless
Drama films: Brooklyn, The Finest Hours, The Edge of Seventeen, Jersey boys

No comments:

Post a Comment