Thursday, March 24, 2016

Music & Props

      Hey, it's me again! This time i'm here to share with you guys all of the progress that Stephanie and I made today. First of all I would like to mention that the storyboard is complete and we might know exactly where we want our title to be. The next thing is that once I got to Stephanie's house, this morning, we went straight to work (well we actually ate some leftovers first.. but that's not too important). The first thing we did was look for music. This part was kind of tough because I didn't know that almost all non-copyrighted music had no lyrics. I wanted the song that was going to be played throughout the first few seconds of our film to be happy... and have lyrics. We went through a few different non-copyrighted sounds and didn't really get too far, until we decided to e-mail a few artists. Since we didn't know exactly what song we wanted we decided to email two different artists to grant us permission for us to use their songs. I was surprised to have gotten responses from both, and only a few hours later. That is when we decided to use Ingrid Michaelson's "Be Ok" for the car ride scene in our film opening. Stephanie and I are also thinking of using a different song for the rest of the film, to build up the suspense. For that, we have no idea what we're going to use.
      On this very productive adventure, Stephanie and I also made some home-made fake blood. The first time was a complete disaster because the blood came out extremely liquidy and dark. Thankfully, the second time we decided to try a more simple mixture using, golden syrup, cocoa powder, red and green dye, which worked wonders. It was a fun process and a definite trial and error experience. Along with all of this we also started filming a few scenes and putting them together. I'm very happy in the direction that this project is going. I have to admit that at first I was worried that things weren't going to come out how we wanted them to, but I'm glad that I was wrong.
The ingredients we used to make our fake-blood



"How to Make Fake Blood." WikiHow. Web.
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Fake-Blood

"Ingrid Michaelson." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, Web.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingrid_Michaelson

Ingrid Michaelson "Be OK" By Ingrid Michaelson. YouTube. YouTube, 04 Sept. 2008. Web.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Angela! Your blog is so good! The posts are so detailed and your research is so well done! It's so cool Hannah Parker let you use the song for your film. Your sources are well cited and it's awesome that you got to do fake blood for your film. You're posting literally every necessary thing in your blog and it's so good! It's like if you're not leaving anything out and you're actually taking us to your journey of making your film. I couldn't find anything missing in this, I think that it was so detailed and well researched.

    ReplyDelete