Sunday, April 2, 2017

Starting to Edit


      Hello, everyone! Today I got a few more shots that I had been waiting on! Although I still have a few more shots to film, I have the majority of what I need. Since I have so much of the necessary footage, I've started putting some of it together and it's been a bit harder than what I thought it was going to be. I'm used to editing things like home videos, and other things, but I've only ever used the old version of Movie Maker and IMovie. With the computer that I have accessible to me I've been forced to to use the newer version of Movie Maker, so I've had to adapt to some of the changes. One of the main things is how the program is laid out. On the older version of Movie Maker, I was able to import all of the footage and pick and chose the ones that I wanted to use, just like IMovie. On the newer version y the videos that you import are automatically put together, so I've had to add them one by one instead of adding them all at once. I also noticed that Movie Maker doesn't allow you to add more than one audio, which is a bit of a problem considering the fact that my trailer is going to include both voice overs and music, but i'm going to have to find a way around it and adapt to the newer version of Movie Maker.


      Since I started to edit, I've been listening to the voice overs and I realized that there are some that i'm going to need to change to fit the mood that i'm going for as well as with the footage. Although its a bit of a bump in the road, I think that its only a minor problem since I can simply just ask Bailey (The main actress) to redo the voice overs in order for them to sound the way I need them to. I'll let you all know how it's going as I progress. Have a wonderful rest of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment