Sunday, April 9, 2017

Title Sequences

      Today, I set aside some time to continue editing. It sucks how meticulous editing can be, but in the end that's what makes films and trailers so good. What I've been doing is adding clip by clip in the order that I want them in. Each time that I add the next clip, I also add the voice over that goes along with it and trim it. I'm close to finishing one of the trailers, but I plan on setting aside most of tomorrow so that I can edit some more and maybe even finish them, or get most of it done. For the animations that I was thinking of including in the beginning of the second trailer, I have a few images/video ideas in mind that I could make for those. Some of the production companies that I've been looking to as examples are:

In many of the film trailers produced by Paramount, this iconic mountain image is shown right at the beginning of each trailer. Which tends to last from about 1 to 2 seconds. The films trailers that I've seen with this logo at the beginning tend to only include that production company.




      In Fox searchlight films, the Fox logo is always included right after the mpaa sign. In the film trailer for Me and Earl and The Dying girl, the film trailer starts out with the fox image and with the image of another production company, Indian Paintbrush. From what I've been seeing most of the trailers tend to include about 1 to 2 images representing the production companies. I originally had thought of including three images/videos to represent the production companies, but now I see that the convention is to only include 1 or 2. Depending on how I like the animations that I create, I think I might only include one.


No comments:

Post a Comment